There are some things that are best done
clothed. Likewise there are some things best done nude. There are also many more
things that can be done equally well clothed or nude! What would you recommend
doing nude? What would you recommend not doing nude?
In the following lists, assume a nude friendly
environment is available, and common sense and normal protective gear are used
when applicable. Remember we are still in a nude hostile world, so play it smart
if you are going to engage in any of the activities listed below while nude.
(textiles) often ask; "Why would you take off all your clothes in front
of other people and run around naked?" Well, we don't just run around
naked, and there are a lot of good reasons we prefer to be nude. The obvious
reason that first pops into my mind is "Nude is natural and more
comfortable!", but comfort is only one of the many benefits of
This page is devoted to building a list of
the benefits to living the nudist lifestyle. If you know of a good benefit to
being nude that you don't see listed here, then email me to send it in for inclusion on this list
- Swimming Nude is Better
- You don't have to fight the waves to keep your
swimming suit on.
- The water feels better against your bare skin
than a wet swimming suit.
- When you get out of the water, a swimming suit
stays wet and feels bad.
- When swimming nude, you won't get sand in your
- Fewer Clothing and Laundry Hassles
- Nudity reduces laundry costs.
- Fewer washings reduce wear and fading, which in
turn reduce how often you need to buy new clothes.
- Eating nude considerably reduces the chances of
spilled food staining and ruining your garments.
- Deciding what to wear becomes a trivial decision
instead of an often stressful decision.
- Travelling for nude recreation cuts down on the
amount of luggage that you need to carry.
- Nude backpacking reduces the amount of gear you
need to carry on your back.
- Sun Helps Clear Psoriasis
Psoriasis is a non-contagious skin disease that
turns skin purple. Dermatologists have a treatment of sitting under a
flourescent light to simulate the sun's ray. Why simulate? Go nude! The sun
causes the body to produce dihydrxycholecalciferol. The more sun on the more
skin, the better!
- Sleeping Nude is Better
By allowing air to travel freely over the entire
body, the body is better able to distribute heat. This allows you to
actually be warmer in the winter (under blankets of course) and cooler in
- Sunbathing Nude is Better
Sunbathing nude prevents those nasty tan lines and
allows the entire body to benefit from the positive effects of the sun.
- Being nude can help prevent lyme disease.
Lyme disease is carried by the deer-tick. This
little bug appears to bite when it lodges itself between clothing and skin.
By being nude, they are much more easily brushed off before they can find a
place to bite.
- Skinny dipping can help reduce rash from
Sea lice, or jellyfish larvae stings cause a
painful, itchy rash. The sea lice sting when they get trapped between your
suit and skin. The obvious conclusion is to reduce your swimwear to reduce
the chances of getting stung.
- Nudity may improve fertility
Being nude allows the male sex organs to better
adapt to changing temperature. Tight, restrictive clothing inhibits the
body's natural mechanism for doing so, which could cause reduced fertility.